Time for a sugar buzz! Get your spooky selves ready for Saturday October 30th, because it is going to be the perfect little kid Halloween pre-funk day. Start off with strolling your kids in costume down for Pumpkins in the (Marina) Park where there will be carnival games, vendors, sweet treats, a dog costume contest, and professional pumpkin carving. Then participating downtown merchants will welcome trick-or-treaters at 1pm.
If your festive stamina is in its prime, keep on rolling down to the amazing Treat Street at Kirkland Urban from 3-7pm. This free family-friendly event includes:
- Kid-friendly games and treats provided by local Kirkland businesses, a giant candy shoot and larger than life, light-up Halloween character displays.
- Balloon and glitter artists, a popcorn station and a pumpkin craft, courtesy of Clown Buggie Entertainment.
- Enchanting acrobatic performances by costumed characters from Down to Earth Aerials.
- Family-friendly Halloween tunes provided by DJ Carlos Valencia from Energia Events.
- Complimentary festive light up toys provided by Wheelhouse Promotions & Events.
- An “Instagram-able” fall/harvest installation, designed by Top Knotch Events, Twinkle Treesand Seattle Giant Letters.
Kirkland Urban is an inclusive and accessible open-air shopping center, and to support children and adults of all abilities, sensory sensitive toolkits will be available onsite during this event, as well as all future Kirkland Urban events. These toolkits include noise-canceling headphones, sensory/fidget toys, earplugs, and an identifier sticker/badge. Sensory-sensitive toolkits can be picked up upon arrival.
That's a pretty solid warm-up for Halloween! Have a scary- good time.